Saturday, February 7, 2015

How Big Sean Emerged From Last Year’s ‘Craziness’ To Make Dark Sky Paradise



While there were many moments to smile about, Big Sean’s last year wasn’t always an easy one. The Michigan MC held a listening session Friday (February 6) at Soho House in Los Angeles to breakdown how he was able to emerge from the lows of the last year to deliver his latest album, Dark Sky Paradise.


“It was one of the craziest years for me in the last year,” he shared with members of the press in attendance. “So many ups and downs. We had so many dark moments, just like I’m sure everybody goes through. But throughout it all, you still have to be thankful for everything.”


It was a year of ups and downs for Sean. He went through a public break-up with his then-fiancee Naya Rivera in April. In December, his grandmother passed away. But those lows were also accompanied by some highs, including his adorable relationship with Ariana Grande.



Sean also reflected on how he’s grown and changed over the last few years, how he’s been able to succeed in the rap game through odds that were stacked up against him.


“I came a long way from 18011 Northlawn in Detroit,” he explained. “So I just want you to know we put our hearts into this. I hope you enjoy it.”


Dark Sky Paradise, which is due February 24, features Drake, Kanye West, Chris Brown and John Legend, among others.


After showcasing the album and its deluxe cuts for the press, Sean explained why this effort is so important to him.


“I want to be the best at what I do,” he said. “I give it a 110 percent. I do the best I can. I hope you guys appreciate it. I hope you guys love it. I hope you guys support it.”


And Sean’s mom even made it to the listening session.


Now, Sean’s likely gearing up for Grammy night with Ariana Grande…or just making cute videos of their dogs.








How Big Sean Emerged From Last Year’s ‘Craziness’ To Make Dark Sky Paradise

No comments:

Post a Comment