Friday, November 29, 2013

Faye: Merrells hated being violent



Emmerdale star Gaynor Faye has said her co-star Jason Merrells has found it tough to act out domestic violence scenes with her because he is too nice.


The ITV soap actress plays Megan Macey, a usually hard nosed character who is the victim of domestic abuse from her half-brother Declan, played by Jason.


She said of Jason: “He is so lovely and he hated doing it. It made him feel so ugly. He gave me a hug afterwards and said sorry, but I told him not to worry. As long as it looks right and we are serving domestic violence sufferers, it’s fine.”


But Gaynor said she had been frustrated that the show’s producers had decided to get a stunt woman in to replace her for the violent scenes.


She said: “I don’t understand why. I’ve done lots of my own stuff. I recently did something bigger and I’ve got a massive bruise on my bottom and arm.”


Gaynor said she was pleased Emmerdale were running the storyline about violence between siblings: “It’s fantastic to highlight domestic violence within siblings. Domestic violence between brothers and sisters happens quite frequently, especially when they’re younger.”


She added that viewers might be surprised her tough character was the victim and explained: “But that’s how domestic violence can show itself, with women and men you never think would stand for that behaviour.”





Faye: Merrells hated being violent

No comments:

Post a Comment