Despite it being an extremely difficult year for Lea Michele, she has managed to turn something beautiful out of her tragedy: her album.


The “Glee” star’s Louder chronicles the past two years of her life, telling E! News on Thursday that it will tell stories of the “the incredible, beautiful, happy moments of my life, as well as the worst.”


On the record, she sings about the heartbreaking death of her longtime boyfriend and costar Cory Monteith, who died last July.Michele postponed the album to add two songs: the lead single “Cannonball” and the personal, intense “If You Say So,” which takes place seven days after Monteith’s death.


Michele admits that she wanted to make an album that was “honest” and “true” to who she is, and fans can clearly see that on her favorite song, “You’re Mine.”


“It’s really about making that commitment in a relationship,” she told E!. “At the beginning being scared to take the leap, but once you take it, committing yourself to another person, this is it for life … You know I’m so grateful to say that I experienced true love and I think that a lot of people unfortunately don’t. They’ll go a whole lifetime without experiencing it, and I did and I consider myself so lucky that I got to.”


The “Battlefield” singer is also opening up in the April issue of Glamour UK, where she admits she feels “little bit more back together” and revealed what she and Monteith were planning for their future.


“We talked about a lot of things. We talked about children and what we would look like when we grew old and who would be fat and how we would stay thin,” said Michele, who also told the magazine she is not ready to start dating again. “We talked about where we wanted to go and what we wanted to do.


We were done. We were it. When you’re at that place in your life with someone, you talk about everything. But today I feel like I was given the best part of Cory and I’m thankful for that.”