Friday, May 30, 2014

50 Cent: 'I'm Not a Professional Baseball Player'











<!– –>

50 Cent baseball



<!–

–>

50 Cent made headlines (and SportsCenter) earlier this week, after his disastrous first pitch at a New York Mets game. And, once you watch his wayward toss – which went up the first-base line, rather than taking the traditional route towards home plate – you can sort of understand why.



Striking Out: The Best (and Worst) First Pitches by Musicians



It was so bad that some wondered if 50 had managed to eclipse Carly Rae Jepsen’s terrible toss in baseball’s all-time annals. And while you’d think all the negative press would make 50 angry, well, turns out, nothing could be further from the truth. Seems he’s been laughing along with the rest of us.



“Look, I’m not a professional baseball player and won’t be any time soon. I’m a musician,” 50 wrote in an email to Rolling Stone. “I did practice before going out there and it went great, all strikes!”



That claim is backed up by new footage obtained by TMZ, which shows 50 throwing in the Citi Field bullpen before taking the mound (he actually looked pretty good, too). And he wouldn’t get into specifics of just what went wrong during his pitch, Fif did let it be known what was going through his mind while he was out there.



“Right before I went out I had spent time with these great students I had invited from The Academy of Finance and Enterprise in Long Island City to experience the Mets game with me,” he wrote. “We had a good time chatting. I love spending time with the future entrepreneurs of the world.”



And despite how badly his first pitch went, 50 said that he wouldn’t rule out a return to the Citi Field mound.  In fact, he’ll be back at the ballpark on June 14 – just after the release of his fifth album, Animal Ambition – to perform following the Mets/Padres game. But will he ever throw again? 



“Never say never,” 50 wrote. “If I do return I think I’m gonna save my talent for the World Series.”



Oh, okay, so he definitely won’t be throwing for the Mets any time soon.





50 Cent: 'I'm Not a Professional Baseball Player'

No comments:

Post a Comment