Sunday, July 27, 2014

Tulisa: I Was Suicidal After Fake Sheikh Sting



Tulisa Contostavlos has revealed she was suicidal after a sting by The Sun on Sunday led to her being charged over drugs allegations.



The former X Factor mentor saw her trial for brokering a drugs deal collapse last week when the judge said there were strong grounds to believe undercover reporter Mazher Mahmood – also known as the ‘fake sheikh’ – had lied at an earlier hearing.



In an interview with Sky News, Tulisa - who had been told she could face four years in prison – explained it had been the worst year of her life.



“When I found out I was being charged I lost all hope,” she said.



“I didn’t have any fight left in me. I don’t know who that person was but she was in a very dark place.”



Tulisa was charged with helping to supply cocaine to The Sun on Sunday journalist after an expose was published in the paper last June.



Mahmood posed as a Bollywood filmmaker and made Tulisa believe she was in the running for a £3,500,000 film role along with Keira Knightley and Kate Winslet.



Tulisa told Sky News she played up to a bad girl image during the sting in which she was plied with drinks – including some she believes were spiked.



The singer claimed the case only went ahead because she was a celebrity – and said the fact she had “played the game” previously with the press to promote her interests did not justify the sting.



“I fully understand the media and the press. I don’t see that that in any way justifies what they’ve done to me. You don’t create something that didn’t happen.”



Tulisa will soon be back in court after she was found guilty of assaulting a celebrity blogger at a music festival last year – a ruling she is appealing.





Tulisa: I Was Suicidal After Fake Sheikh Sting

No comments:

Post a Comment