Thursday, January 30, 2014

Jeremy Messersmith Looks for a 'Ghost' - Song Premiere



Singer-songwriter Jeremy Messersmith unveils the clip for “Ghost” ahead of the February 4th release of his new studio album, Heart Murmurs. The video for the hauntingly contagious number, which premieres here, finds an endless run of scenic paintings serving as the backdrop for the song’s lyrics.  



Minneapolis’ First Avenue and the Best Music Venues in America



“‘Ghost’ was inspired by a visit to my childhood home when I was on tour a few years back,” the Minneapolis-based Messersmith explains to Rolling Stone. “I had an hour to spare and a strange urge to indulge in a little nostalgia. Of course the house had changed in a decade – everyone had moved away, and what was once a tiny ranch outside of town was now engulfed by new housing developments. I parked across the street in my rental car and sat there for an hour, just looking and remembering. Then I drove off. I don’t know what I was looking for, exactly, but whatever it was, it wasn’t there. That hour has stayed with me for a long time, and I still think about it every time I play the song.”



Heart Murmurs marks Messersmith’s jump to Glassnote Records – home to Phoenix and Mumford & Sons – after self-releasing his first three studio albums. The 11-song set was written and recorded in Minneapolis with production help from his musical partner Andy Thompson and Ben Allen (Givers, Animal Collective).



Fresh off of a pair of performances at Sundance, Messersmith has been on the road promoting the album. He will celebrate the release of Heart Murmurs on Tuesday at New York’s Mercury Lounge, followed by a performance at World Café Live in Philadelphia on February 6th before wrapping up his current tour leg with a hometown gig at First Avenue on February 22nd. His full tour itinerary is available here.  





Jeremy Messersmith Looks for a 'Ghost' - Song Premiere

No comments:

Post a Comment