Friday, December 13, 2013

Abbey: I'm Strictly hysterical



Abbey Clancy said she is scared to the point of being “hysterical” that one of her dances will go wrong on this weekend’s semi-final for Strictly Come Dancing.


Each of the remaining couples will perform a pair of dances in order to win through to the climax of the show next week.


But model Abbey – who dances with flu-hit Aljaz Skorjanec – said she is “petrified” of having to handle a difficult samba for one of her routines.


She said: “I really started to panic when I realised that no matter what I do, it’s going to look awful. I can’t believe we’ve got this dance in the semi-final. Everyone else is so good, I can’t believe it.


“I care that much that I’ve gone past the point of being terrified that I’m hysterical.”


Abbey is the only contestant to have scored a perfect 40 mark from the judges for her salsa but is struggling with her latest Latin dance.


“There’s so many things to think about – the bounce, straight legs, the hips and then the weird timing. I’m panicking and I just want to be able to do it. I want to be in the final, I love this and I don’t want it to end. I don’t know what I’m going to do, I’ll have to sleep in the training room.


” I was absolutely petrified of having this dance. To have it in the semi-finals I was thinking ‘how could this happen?’


However she is feeling more confident about her second dance, an American Smooth.


“I feel back in my comfort zone. I feel more comfortable doing swooshy dances. I definitely prefer the ballroom dances,” she said.


And she is dreading the end of the series.


“It’s a fabulous experience so it is sad that it’ll come to an end. It’s completely taken over my life and it means so much to me that I’ve got a new friend in Aljaz. I’ve loved every second and laughs. It’s not a case of winning, I just don’t want it to end.”





Abbey: I'm Strictly hysterical

No comments:

Post a Comment