Friday, December 13, 2013

Polizzi: I can't save bust firms



The Fixer’s Alex Polizzi has confessed even she can’t save businesses that have already gone bankrupt.


The Hotel Inspector star – who is fronting a one-off programme about making the most of the festive season – tries to help turn around failing businesses in her show The Fixer, but has learned there are some companies that just can’t be saved.


Alex revealed: “Over the past two years, I’ve found what works best is taking on businesses that can still be viable. If it’s already bankrupt, and if there’s no money in the bank and the creditors are banging on the door, I’ve got very little leeway in anything.”


She added: “This Christmas thing was nice because I was doing something that isn’t quite as stressful. It is an enormous responsibility, advising people on their businesses. It’s obviously something I take on willingly, but their businesses are in a desperate state, and it’s scary for them.”


The former hotel manager said now she doesn’t work full-time she relished the chance to enjoy Christmas with her family.


Alex said: “I want to make it amazing, particularly for my five-year-old, who’s old enough to be wowed. But of course, I’m very OCD so the poor little thing is never allowed to dress a Christmas tree! She has her own little Christmas tree in her bedroom that she’s allowed to put all her stuff on, but I insist that only I am allowed to touch the main tree in the living room!”


:: Alex Polizzi’s Christmas Fix airs on Thursday, December 19, at 8pm on BBC Two.





Polizzi: I can't save bust firms

No comments:

Post a Comment