Thursday, January 29, 2015

Lady Gaga Remembers Whitney Houston With Heartfelt Tribute



Even though Lady Gaga must be super-psyched to perform at this year’s Grammy Awards, she’s also reminded of a tragedy that shook the music world around this time three years ago.


Gaga took to Instagram on Thursday (January 29) to share a heartfelt tribute to Whitney Houston, who died on February 11, 2012, one day before the 54th annual Grammy Awards.


“Every year around the Grammys I think about Whitney,” Gaga captioned the pic. “Her legendary voice, the sparkle of her eyes in the spotlight, a genuine compassionate spirit. I miss her all the time and wonder why she’s gone. A good time to remember to treat women and all artists with care. She gave us so much, what did we give her?”


This isn’t the first time Gaga has praised the late singer. At the 2011 Grammys, Gaga thanked Houston while accepting her award for Best Pop Vocal Album for The Fame Monster.


“I need to say thank you tonight to Whitney Houston,” Gaga said. “I wanted to thank Whitney because when I wrote ‘Born This Way,’ I imagined she was singing it because I wasn’t secure enough in myself to imagine I was a superstar. So, Whitney, I imagined you were singing ‘Born This Way’ when I wrote it. Thank you.”



She later explained the shout-out by saying, “I can’t tell you how much I listened to her growing up. She was my vocal idol for so many years. I thought of her voice when I wrote [‘Born This Way’] because she’s just such an incredible singer. I sort of planned to thank her a long time ago, at some point. I said, ‘If I ever win a Grammy I’m gonna thank Whitney’…so I did.”








Lady Gaga Remembers Whitney Houston With Heartfelt Tribute

No comments:

Post a Comment